College Hub Resources for Tax Volunteers
The College Hub staff are located at the two Community Financial Centers (CFCs) and much like our tax sites, we see an increase of students with their 1098-T forms, student loan and financial aid related questions during tax season. This year we want to ensure all the tax volunteers feel supported when student-related situations arise at the tax site; below you will find flyers and forms to print and share, as well as a link to schedule an appointment for clients to meet with College Hub staff.
When to Refer a Client to Services at the College Hub
- To renew their financial aid application (FAFSA or TASFA).
- If a client has questions about student loans repayments.
- A student mentions that they didn't apply for financial aid and have been paying out-of-pocket for their tuition.
- Many students think they do not qualify for financial aid, but we can discuss their options for paying their education, as well as help them search for and apply to scholarships.
- A client has a high school senior that will be enrolling into college or they have questions about how to access college.
When to ask the College Hub Staff For Support at the CFCs
- If your client needs to print a 1098-T or account summary.
- The links listed below Education Benefits in the Volunteer Resources page are very informative. Please use these resources when you can, and use us for support during heavy client traffic.
- The College Hub staff is tax certified and are able to answer any tax-related question a volunteer or client may have, please seek our assistance!
Flyers and Forms
- College Hub Flyer - general information about our services; English and Spanish double sided flyer.
- Financial Aid Checklist - list of items required to complete a financial aid application.
- Types of Financial Aid Handout - breakdown of the four common types of financial aid and general college application tips.